Cinnamon for arthritis has been used for Millennia. This is because Cinnamon is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent. Cinnamon is also the solution to many chronic inflammatory diseases such as Cardiovascular disease, Diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Dementia and Cancer. If you are taking cinnamon for arthritis, try to use low Coumarin Ceylon Cinnamon which won’t damage your liver and has negligible side effects.
Unlike anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), Aspirin or arthritis medications like Glucosamine, real Ceylon Cinnamon (not tablets) has the benefit of having little or virtually no side effects (read side effects of Cinnamon here) if taken within the daily limit of 6g or less. Tablets or supplements have inherent dangers in the their production process as well as other side effects like stomach ailments. Cinnamon on the other hand is a great stomach stabilizer among a huge range of additional benefits.
TYPES OF ARTHRITIS
There are of course many different forms of arthritis. They include Tendinitis and Bursitis, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Flat feet, Gout, Kawasaki disease, Lyme disease, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Plantar fasciitis, Tennis Elbow, Rheumatoid Fever, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, and Wilson’s Disease.
The major ones that affect most people are osteoarthritis, which is the “wear and tear” arthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis, an inflammatory type of arthritis caused by a defective immune system. Nearly 50 million Americans suffer from some form of arthritis. That is a shockingly high number.
WHAT CAUSES ARTHRITIS
If you were a physically active person, especially involved in extreme sports or overweight or an older person, chances are you have Osteoarthritis which is caused by overuse of joints. There in increasing evidence that our diet especially our infatuation with high dairy consumption is a major cause.
There are of course many other causes like accidents and injuries beyond our control. Age is one factor we have no control over. Like a car, the more we use our bodies, the more wear and tear we put on our bodies, especially joints.
Some people are genetically predisposed to arthritis but here again eating factors may aggravate the symptoms. Of course if you are overweight, you will put additional stress on your joints. And illnesses like gout or joint infections can also cause arthritis.
What we do know is that arthritis can be caused by a huge variety of factors. The best we can do is to find a natural remedy and model healthy habits to mitigate the pain of arthritis. And who knows, maybe even cure yourself. And we think Ceylon Cinnamon could be a huge part of that solution.
ARTHRITIS TREATMENT OPTIONS
According to the Mayo clinic, the treatment options for osteoarthritis are Medication (including anti-inflammatory drugs), physical therapy and surgical options. Some of these options especially surgery or pain medications can have unintended consequences. While Ceylon Cinnamon may not be a treatment option for everyone, it could form an important part of a natural solution.
WHY CEYLON CINNAMON FOR ARTHRITIS
Cinnamon has high levels of Manganese (73% DV in 8g – 2 cinnamon sticks), which is the magic ingredient responsible for the formation of bones and connective tissues.
- One of the best known studies of Ceylon Cinnamon and its effectiveness against osteoporosis was this comprehensive Japanese study. The study concludes that a key component of Ceylon Cinnamon that makes it so effective against osteoporosis was the Cinnamaldehyde in Cinnamon Bark. Perhaps a cup of our Cinnamon Tea made with real Cinnamon Bark Oil high in Cinnamldehyde is the solution.
- This Naval Special Warfare Group study demonstrated that a combination of glucosamine HCl (1,500 mg/day), chondroitin sulfate (1,200 mg/day), and manganese ascorbate (228 mg/day) relieved symptoms of knee osteoarthritis. Cinnamon has good levels of manganese which means one could logocally conclude that it could certainly help of arthritis symptoms.
- This Duke University study discovered that Manganese was effective against mouse spinal cord compression injury, although efficacy was dependent on route of administration.
- This South Korean this study recognized the possibility of Cinnamon bark as a remedy for inflammatory disorders.
- A Japanese study of 1994 found that manganese superoxide significantly reduced foot swelling but also retarded radiological bone destruction in adjuvant arthritis.
- This 2013 study of Iranian athletes with Cinnamon and ginger found a decrease in muscle soreness. Admittedly muscles are not bones but is certainly within the realm of possibility that it could help bones too.
- Cinnamon and Honey– The widely cited Copenhagen study is a complete hoax. All indications are that honey and sugar will make your arthritis worse. According to this Livestrong article and many others we found, honey is not effective against arthritis in anyway. But Cinnamon is good option for arthrities.
CEYLON CINNAMON ARTHRITIS PLAN
Our suggestion is not to pop Manganese or Cinnamon tablets to cure your arthritis but to take real Ceylon Cinnamon as an overall program of healthy living. This way you get the real thing without all the hazards and chemical compositions that come with commercially manufactured tablets.
Dosage : One thing to keep in mind is that you should not exceed your daily dose of Manganese or Cinnamon. Your daily Manganese dose should not exceed the daily limits. According to NYU Langone medical Center as well as the University of Maryland the daily value of Manganese for, Men age 19 or older is 2.3 mg of manganese and women age 19 or older should get 1.8 mg. Click here for the full daily allowance for all age groups. The FDA site recommends a daily amount of 2mg based on a 2000 calories intake. .
The NYU langone Medical center recommends NOT to exceed 11mg of Manganese per day, beyond which you will start to get nervous system effects.
Yet most commercial manganese tablets are sold in 50mg amounts. Go figure! If you take too much manganese it may cause nervous-system effects that mimic Parkinson’s disease, including tremors, difficulty walking and facial spasms. Taking Ceylon Cinnamon for arthritis is only one aspect of your total health plan. Ideally you want to include the following solutions into an overall plan of health living.
HOW WE WOULD TAKE CEYLON CINNAMON FOR ARTHRITIS
- Take 1 tsp. of Ceylon Cinnamon Powder 2 times per week. Mix it in your soups, add to breakfast cereals.
- Make a Ceylon Cinnamon stick twice a week
- Take 1-3 drops of Ceylon Cinnamon Bark Oil once a week. Yes you can ingest Ceylon Cinnamon Bark. Look for Ceylon Cinnamon Bark Oil with at least 60% Cinnamaldehyde. Not Cassia Cinnamon Bark Oil. Avoid that.This combination covers all the bases. The powder has the goods levels of manganese levels you need. The Ceylon Cinnamon stick keeps it interesting and we added to the Ceylon Cinnamon Bark Oil because some research studies indicate the cinnamaldehyde of the Bark oil that works for arthritis. This way you cover all the bases. Voila!Important Note – Take a rest from Cinnamon on the weekend. While Cinnamon is an anti inflammatory take too much and it increases body heat. If you get too much body heat, your joints will swell up and your body will try to vent out the excess heat by creating boils under the tongue, cracked heals and other fissures on your skin surface. Cinnamon is extremely powerful. Use it moderation and it is a marvelous health elixir.
- Eliminate Caffeinated Drinks– Caffeine leads to mineral loss. You can switch to a lovely cup of Ceylon Cinnamon Stick Tea for the morning and afternoon.
- Eliminate Sugar or dramatically reduce sugar consumption – Sugar is a well known inflammatory agent.
- Avoid Dairy products– High dairy consumption is related to increased stress fractures.
- Avoid Nightshade Fruits and Vegetables like Tomatoes – A particular group of substances in these foods, called alkaloids, compromise joint function.
- Avoid Supplements – While things like Vitamin C, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Hemp, Glucosamine are also effective against arthritis they present other dangers common to most manufactured pills. Like Ceylon Cinnamon you can find natural sources of these ingredients to supplement your diet.
- Improve Your Gut Health – According to the Mayo clinic gut bacteria may trigger diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis.
The best way to check if Ceylon Cinnamon for arthritis works for you is to try it. To be fair you should give it three months. Our tendency is to overdose on something that is good for you. This is the wrong approach. Instead you should incorporate Ceylon Cinnamon in moderation as part of an overall program of proper diet and exercise.
The cost to have two cups of Cinnamon Tea twice a day for three months is under $60. If it does not work for you, Ceylon Cinnamon has other benefits like blood sugar control, settling your stomach, improving your guts health and so much more.
Make sure you do all those other things too, like eliminating sugar and dairy for the Cinnamon to have a chance. If you continue to lead an unhealthy lifestyle the Cinnamon will have difficulty overcoming the adverse effects of other factors such as high dairy consumption or bad gut health.
Learn how to slow boil Ceylon Cinnamon sticks which turns into a lovely red with a heady aroma tinged with hints of citrus.
We have given you a reasonable amount of research and a plan of attack. Now it’s up to you.